Wednesday 15 August 2018

The Impetuous Hoplite: Sword and Spear


Ah Sword and Spear.  Last played by me using the Petain President`s 20mm Hundred Years War figures, and they were a glorious sight to behold!  I seem to remember a great French Victory over pernicious Albion and her longbowmen, but I could be mistaken.  

This time it was to be a grudge match with an overweight Gerard Butler the Hittite against the Persian Phil of Phils.
Peter Laing Hoplites circa 1979.  These little gits have steel pins as spears.  They stuck me at age 17, and stuck me again today, nearly 40 years later.  I have it on good authority they will be waiting for me in 40 years time when/if I`m in my nineties!

Not sure about this one, particularly since I didn`t see the end, but in  the interests of completeness, and the hope that the Gentlemen`s Club President will complete the post, I shall record it...

The deployment.  I tried to be clever with the angled line.  Nah!   A mistake.
Trundle trundle punch!  Not subtle these Spartans.

Did he just shoot at me?

My light skirmish dudes kill off his mighty Thracians in one shot.
 
And the punching goes on.  A real bloodfest this one.   And at that point I had to go!   Frustrating!


1 comment:

  1. Good to see Peter Laing figures. God I used to hate them, but once painted they do look good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete