Sunday 28 August 2016

An update on Larry the Libyan

The forces of Larry the lame Libyan Chief, so named because I had to remove his base and move his feet to fit him into the Hittite chariot, are slowly taking shape on my painting table.  The undercoating and skintone shading are done, as is the basing.  The original warband of ten swordsmen I had planned has been increased to 12 for my Chariot Rampant conversion, and these are the very definition of fierce foot. 



 I noted that Phil Barker calls the Early Libyans “extrovert.”  Perhaps a euphemism for being almost totally naked, and wearing a penis sheath!  Well then extrovert it is.  I'm still waiting for my Army Painter, but the tones I've done for the Libyans will darken considerably under that, so I'm pretty pleased with the result so far.



For the distinctive leather cloaks I’ve experimented with the giraffe patterns, zebra patterns as well as more 1970 weave like patterns, and they are a joy to paint. I fear they will be mince meat to the Egyptian war machine, but they will look good!

In other news my desert house has had two more shades, each progressively lighter.  I will use dip to seal and highlight, but it's almost there.  The first civilians are also coming along nicely too, baboon fighting, naked Ancient Egyptian slave girls with wine jars, what’s not to like?

No comments:

Post a Comment