Sunday 11 July 2021

The Caribbean Spy

The Mission, defend/recover the spy, lurking around the anchorage in his fishing boat... well fishing to be honest, but also a spy!

The Sides

Don Pedro del Pea, Experienced Admiral of Esthpaniol.  The Mighty Galleon, a Corvette and a Flyut.

vs the English of:

Sir Huge Farthingdale, Knight of the bathtub, Baron Waldridge.  The Fifth rate, the Petit frigate and the Sloop.

The Spanish anchorage, pre deployment, but with the counters marking the objectives.  Three spies?

The set down.  I send the sloop to the top right, not my best deployment but I wanted to grab the spy and run.  I then grabbed the weather gauge on the bottom left.  The crafty Don deployed in battle line with the Mighty Galleon 
Central.
First blood, and its unlikely.  The Sloop scores two on the Fly boat.

And on the left the Corvette is thumped by the petit frigate. 

The Galleon crawls to attempt to cut the sloop off.   The Fly boat gets a broadside that gives me problems but I'm running for it.

The Corvette is disabled by the fifth rate.  Arrr Matey!

Such a great moment I took two pictires, this one including the damage markers.

And the Sloop gets its legs out as it runs.  With four Strike points on his fleet Don Pedro Del Pea is vanquished.   Arrrr!  
Good game.  I enjoyed a bit of Oak and Iron, and think that we should give Don Pedro a chance for revenge.




No comments:

Post a Comment