Tuesday 24 January 2017

A Tranche of Trojans

As I haven't posted in awhile, this is just a short update on how my Bronze Age project is coming along.
For a number of years now I have been in the habit of treating myself to a belated, gaming related, Christmas present. This Christmas was no exception and I used the opportunity to begin amassing my Trojan forces.

Once again, I went for Warlord figures. I will leave the details for another post, suffice to say that they are very nice indeed. One disappointment though was a miscast command figure, missing half its shield. As this is destined to be one of my character figures, I was a bit miffed. I wouldn't normally bother for a single figure but I have contacted Warlord, so lets see how I get along with there customer service department.
Other than that, I've started painting up the Achaeans. its been a slow start but I decided to actually have a go at painting these properly, which is a novelty for me. I  usually use a fast paint technique, which is purely intended to get the toys on the table. They're a bit rough and ready, compared to figures by those out there that can actually paint well, but I reckon they're a least half decent wargames standard.


First up are the Newline archers, more in the line of a practice run before I attempted the nicer Warlord figures. The amount of bare flesh was daunting and I agonized over what is the correct skin tone. In the end, with the aid of several figure painting websites, I settled on a 'Mediterranean' skin tone. They look quite pale in the photos but held against my own pale and pasty northern European flesh, they do look more tanned.
After the archers, I moved on to the Newline javelinmen and have now made a start on the Warlord Achaeans.

With a bit of luck the next post should see my Achaean force start to take shape. As I have a March deadline to get figures ready for WorLard 3 and an April target, to face off against Uriah's Sea Peoples, I better get cracking.


1 comment:

  1. My Wargames Foundry Pharoah Rameses was missing a chariot driver, and the company was great, sending me out a new one by return of post, so it's worth having a try, especially for a command figure. Those look great by the way.
    The Peleset now have a warband of 8 swordsmen and my 8 streaker javelinmen painted and based. I'll do some blog pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete