Thursday 8 June 2017

Ajax puns his way into battle. The Trojan War part 2.

In my second game of the Trojan War, using a variant of the TooFatLardies Dux Brit rules, I drew the Hero Ajax.  This time Achilles was to be on my side!  

 Taking the right flank I faced off against the left flank of the Trojan host.  
The village presented me with some problems. The civilians  inside the village would be targets for my raiding Greeks, but more to the point were the issues that the difficult terrain it represented would give me.   I decided that I would have to base my flank on this and squeeze up the table edge.

The Trojans!
 Facing me the Trojans lined up a minor hero.  This meant I would be outnumbered.  Sitll I was Ajax.  I would clean up.  I would scour the flank and leave it spotless.  I would disinfect the entire flank.
*Any complaints about unnecessary punning may be directed to Captain Quincy W, care of the Admiralty.

Skirmishers anyone? 
 The Trojans advance their skirmishers.  Pesky little blighters.
 Out in the main battle Achilles began his rampage against the Trojan centre.  
 Meanwhile the valiant and punning Ajax got off his chariot and waved his chopper in the Trojan`s faces.
Achilles rampages in the centre. 


The view of the city, and Hector`s elbow...

 

The Trojan's close in on Ajax.

Ajax knocked the Trojan down but failed to kill him.  Unfortunately I lost most of my men!

Achilles kept up his rampage, with the action swinging backwards and forwards ... 

Both sides lost men, and the game came to a natural halt.  A real Bronze Age bloodbath.

The Trojans turn back to their city and Ajax returns to his puns...







No comments:

Post a Comment