Wednesday 5 December 2018

25mm Dark Ages

The first rule of 25mm fight club.  Don't talk about...

OK,  so the Marshal Petain Gentleman's club have a nostalgic and historic link to 25mm figures.
Some would say unhealthy.

The 2016 Dux Bellorum game, using Minifigs, Irregular and sundry other archaic ranges bears this out.  Some of those figures were older than one of the players!

...And I strictly mean 25mm by the way, none of your giant 32mm giant guys purporting to be the true scale!

We were discussing rules when the club secretary made a fateful suggestion... again.  He does this sort of thing to us.  25mm Dark Ages.  He  has Saxons, the President has Danes, and I have an ace up my sleeve!

To qualify for entry to the project I dug out some venerable 25mm types.  I'm quite pleased with them.

Bases are 40mm plastic squares, the origins of which are shrouded in a mystery wrapped in a puzzle, dipped in an Americano.

It's high time Ubba Half-Arsed, a Frisian, got onto a base and left his windswept island.  I reckon he has about 6 months to get set for it.  If the project goes ahead, and that's a big if for one of our plans, I will paint up Ubba's five crews, and maybe get some Welsh or Irish into play.


The Jarl Ubba  and his House Guard

Bondi


I need 24 figures for my boat crew, almost enough for twice that here.

More Huscarles

40mm square basing.  They would probably fit on 30mm! 

With some archers.  Better get the shipyard going too!

2 comments:

  1. Excuse me! It wasn't my initial suggestion - OK I went the extra mile but the seed was already sown (says he mixing metaphors horribly).
    The figures are looking good by the way. I'm thinking 40mm bases as well; I tried 35mm and, whilst they did fit, it was a bit tight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall not double entendre to your "it was a bit tight. I do not rise to it any more...
    The Captain will totally back me up that it was your fault. If not we can blame him!

    ReplyDelete