Wednesday 3 August 2022

The Spanish Raid, Blood and Plunder

 As a typical Frenchman our bold Captain of Militia was enjoying a game of Boule when word came of the Spanish attack.  It was to be Militia on Militia action.

The Town square, complete with a Voodoo priest hexing the cross.

Spaniards?  Call out the bold French Militia!  Someone?  Anyone?

And those horrid Indeo fellows too!



The French place their best troops out in the open in the town square.

And my worst over on the right.

My Militia advance around the church and I suddenly see the gap  in the wall that has been hidden from my viewpoint.

I standard blaze away at the skulking Spaniards

The Militia and the Lanceros play chicken

On the other flank it comes down to hand to hand

The Lanceros make short working my skulking Militia

The Captain and his Group hide in Church

A catastrophic event as my Boucanier discover they have wet powder

The Lanceros run my Militia to death, but frontage church windows I fire a volley, shaking them.

Out in the square the Boucanier are beset.

But the Captain charges out and a stiff fight commences

On the flank it's going poorly.  I realise I've gotten around 20 of my Frenchmen killed

And soon it's more.  The French have only a handful of men left alive.

My two surviving Militia guys on the right finally win their fight.  A Phyrric victory

In the market square less good.

And the Lanceros cross into my deployment zone.  I fail the strike tests.  The French run away.
An enjoyable game, great set of rules!






No comments:

Post a Comment