Monday 1 May 2023

BLOOD AND SAND

 Another 'proof of principle' game, using 'Blood and Steel' with my 20mm 'The Men Who Would be Kings' Sudan collection. After the last game, I figured it was easiest to count bases instead of figures, which roughly equates to one 28mm figure represented by two 20mm figures. This, of course means that I need some more figures - I wonder if Newline are having a summer sale?

For the purposes of this game we used empty mdf bases to make up the numbers.

End of turn one and it turns out that we both have the 'Vanguard' mission.
Pea Pasha is having trouble finding a way through all those Mahdists.

While Pea Pasha probes the flank, the Egyptian Gendarmerie hold the centre.

The Mahdist centre comes on in traditional style and head straight for the donga!

What's that coming over the hill.............is it a camel?

Camels make a thrust for the flank - newly painted Bashi Bazouks could be in trouble!

Gendarmerie form a firing line, whilst Mahdists mass menacingly.

Bashi Bazouks take a hammering. Unflocked bases - serves them right.

Turn 4 and I roll a 'Calamity'. Time to 'Bite the Bullet'

That's better. A 'Fortune' on the re-roll but I've used my last 'Bullet'.

Miraculously, the Bashis are still holding on but the Mahdists swarm from the donga.

The Mahdists sense victory as the charge through the village.

End of turn 5 and I have 3 Attrition points. It's time for a Resolve test
and I have no Bullets left to back me up. I pass the test but concede
anyway. There's no way I can win this one - even a draw seems remote.

A cracking game, most enjoyable. I looks like I have my summer project sorted.


No comments:

Post a Comment